Choosing the 10 most famous TV Personalities from Davao is a difficult task. Well, thanks to Google! These celebrities blessed to have the local crowd and their adoring fans.
Having said that, here are the 10 most popular TV Personalities from Davao in no particular order:
- Bangs Garcia — Valerie Garcia was in the reality show Campus Idol where she emerged as the female grand winner. She is popularly known as her stage name “Bangs Garcia” so she is usually credited on that name. Her first appearance on national TV was on the reality search Close-Up To Fame where she was one of the runners-up to female grand winner Carine Cabebe. Valerie Garcia is a member of ABS-CBN’s circle of homegrown talents named Star Magic.
- Steven Silva — Steven Silva was born in Oceanside, California to an American father of Portuguese descent and a Filipino-Chinese mother who hails from Davao. While Steven was completing his foreign internship at the Marco Polo Hotel in Davao as required by the California Culinary Academy in order to graduate, he auditioned for StarStruck by participating in an audition at SM Davao. Right after winning the title, Steven started to appear in numerous shows of GMA
- Juliana Palermo — An actress and was first known as a model won a “Hiyas ng Kadayawan” title in 2002 and a runner up in Mutya ng Kadayawan.
- Erich Gonzales — One of today’s young faces in the showbiz industry was born and raised in Davao City until her early teenage years. Erich started her showbiz career at the age of 14, when she joined as a contestant of the reality talent search Star Circle Quest. Her popularity boomed after her lead role in the TV series Katorse. After having a successful love team with Enchong Dee and team up with Mario Maurer, she appears once again in the everyday primetime slot, as she becomes part of the biggest television series of ABS-CBN for 2013. Titled Juan Dela Cruz, she is paired up once again with Noy co-star and Prince of Teleserye Coco Martin as his leading lady. The show immediately became number one in national TV ratings during its pilot episode and is expected to continue throughout its run.
- Jay Durias — Jay is the frontman of the South Border, a pop and R&B band that traces its roots from Davao City. He is a composer, singer, songwriter, and arranger. Jay’s band, Southborder, came into national prominence in 1996 when they launched their first self-titled album, which included a Jimmy Antiporda song entitled “May Pag-Ibig Pa Kaya.” They interpreted the song in the Metro Manila Pop Music Festival earlier that year. Their song “Kahit Kailan” was awarded 1996 Song of the Year by various radio stations. This gave them their first big hit.
- Iwa Moto — Popularly known by her screen name Iwa Moto, is a Filipino Japanese actress, model and teen star. She was one of the Final Four in the 3rd season of StarStruck, a reality-based talent search show of GMA Network in the Philippines and finished as first runner up. She is well known for playing “Rita Acuesta” on Kung Mahawi Man Ang Ulap and “Valentina” in Darna.
- Chokoleit — A famous stand-up comedians today who started performing as comedians in local comedy bars in Davao City.
- KZ Tandingan – KZ won the first season of The X Factor Philippines in 2012,securing a 4 million peso recording contract with Star Records. She released her self-titled debut album on May 2, 2013. The album was produced by Jonathan Manalo and consists of mainly original songs with some covers
- Ruben Gonzaga – Born in Padada, Davao del Sur, he is well known for his “Budotz Dance.” Gonzaga won first place on the reality show Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition 2. He is now hosting Agri Tayo Dito, the only agri-based weekend show on ABS-CBN Regional Network Group. His down-to-earth character resonate with the target audience. He has spent years in Davao City where agricultural has been their family’s means of living. Growing up, he would help his family selling agri products in the city’s wet market.
- Joey Ayala – A contemporary pop music artist in the Philippines. He is well known for his style of music that combines the sounds of Filipino ethnic instruments with modern pop music. His public music life started when he released an album recorded in a makeshift-studio in 1982 in Davao City. To date, he has released fourteen albums.
SOURCES: Sun Star Davao and Wikipedia
CREDITS: All the photos and contents are to their respectful owners . No copyright infringement intended. Davao Eagle Online claims no credit for any images uploaded. If you own the rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on the page please contact us and they will be promptly removed.