Hi Eagles! We’re so excited to introduce our first Featured Photographer. We hope you enjoy her work as much as we do! We won’t make you wait any longer, here’s Ms. Michelle of Michelle Canda Photography!
What kind of gear do you use?
- Camera body – Nikon D5100 and Nikon D7000
- Lens – 18-200mm VRII, 50mm 1.8G, 18-55mm kitlens and 70-200mm f2.8
- Tripod – Benro
- Filters – Kenko XD-1 Digital Filters
- Flash – Nikon SB 700 and Yongnuo 560II
- Camera bag – Manfrotto and Nikon
- Mention others, if any.
Which is your favorite lens? 18-200mm, 50mm 1.8G and 70-200mm f2.8 Why?
18-200mm for all around lens, for 50mm 1.8G and 70-200 f2.8, I usually use in Portraiture for its sharpness and bokehlicious thing.
When you go in one of your travels, what all you take with you? 18-200mm Why?
It’s an all around lens, 18mm you can use it landscape and zoom it to 200mm for a better capture of the view and subject.
Among the camera that you own, is there something that you wish you hadn’t bought?
Wishing for Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 Lenses
In the field, what are your settings?
- Aperture – It depends on the light situation whether if your Indoor or Outdoor, Ambient light or Strobe.
- Shutter Speed –I do use manual settings so I just adjust it depends in the situation.
- ISO – It also depends on the light situation in the area.
- White Balance – It depends on the settings on the area.
- Focus – Manual
- Image Format – JPEG, I only use RAW file format for Large Billboards
What kind of tools do you use for post processing?
Adobe Photoshop CS6, sometimes I do Lightroom 4
How do you educate yourself to take better pictures?
I just remember what I learned from the workshops I attended and from the fellow photographers around who are masters in photography.
Among your works, which one is your favorite?
To be fair all my works are my favorite.
Whose work has influenced you most?
Manny Librodo and Daniel Tam
What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
In portraiture photography one thing we wish we knew before we take photos was the Concept, if it will suit to the model or to a person. The important is the personality of the model and the photographer will established a rapport.