Local Treasury Operations Officer (LTOO) Villa Dureza revealed the Davao’s top 10 taxpayers of 2014 in the June 11, 2015 edition of I-Speak Forum at the City Hall organized by the City Hall Informations Office headed by Leo Villareal.
Aboitiz-owned power utility firm Davao Light & Power Co. is the city’s top business tax payer as it ranked first.
Here’s the list of Davao’s elite taxpayers:
- Davao Light & Power Co. – P83.7M
- SM Davao Department Store – P16.9M
- Coca Coca Femsa Philippines, Inc. – P13.1M
- Holcim Philippines – P12.2M
- NCCC Supermarket of Matina – P10.3M
- Gaisano Mall of Davao – P9.5M
- SM Supermarket-SM Davao -8.9M
- Mindanao Shoppers Daily Destination – P8.5M
- Mindanao Corrugated Fibreboard – P7.5M
- NCCC Supermarket – Magsaysay Ave. – P7.2M
Davao City’s top ten taxpayers paid a total of P178.5M.
Dureza expressed optimism to collect P5.8 billion in local tax this year. The City Treasurers Office already collected P2.2 billion or 45 percent of its target as of April.